OATHTAKING OF NEW CPAs
New CPAs after taking their oath of office as CPAs are administered with the oath of membership to PICPA. Before the oath taking ceremony starts, a quick briefing is done on all about PICPA, its history, its leaders, its affiliates, the PICPA members services, and the members’ duties and responsibilities. The Committee is tasked to introduce the new CPAs to our organization and to make them aware of their duties and responsibilities.
- Coordinate with the Membership Development Committee as to the date, time and venue for the Oath taking preparation.
- Invite the Executive Director and the Chairs of Professional Development and Research, and Membership Development for them to participate in the briefings, if necessary.
- Undertake the necessary briefings, video showing and the open forum with the new CPAS. Place emphasis on the requirements for membership retention like the CPE hours and the grounds for suspension or removal from membership and the benefits and services available to members.
- Make sure that all the necessary documents for valid membership have been accomplished and the dues have been paid .As part of the briefing , instructions shall include that their membership record must be kept updated from time to time
- Turnover all the necessary documents and collection to the National Secretariat.
- Develop the Committee’s Plans and Budget for approval by the Liaison Director and for submission during the Annual Planning Conference